Nintendo Wii is a modern home gaming console that was released in 2006. With the help of wireless technology, it delivers a virtual reality experience to all its users. In 2009, Wii broke the United States record for most console sales in one month.
Wii can give tough competition to Sony PlayStation 3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360 because of its marketing strategies. These two factors have made the Wii ideal for the entire family, and that is why Wii is a leader in the console industry. The Wii console is one of the most well-received gaming machines in modern history.
Best Wii Games List – Most Popular
The reason behind Wii’s popularity is its low price, accessible controls, and a veritable cornucopia of games. Wii stands true when it comes to its codename “Revolution.” Its journey in the console industry is no less of a revolution. The Wii games are full of memories and offer lots of rich experiences to the gamers.
Let us look at some of the best Wii games and their unique features, making them the best.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- The Legends of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- The Legends of Zelda: Twilight Process
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
- Wii Sports
- Xenoblade Chronicales
- Mad World
- Super Smash Bros Brawl
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Animal Crossing: City Folk
Want to know more about games? Check below
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a 2010 platform video game developed by Nintendo to be used for Wii. It is a sequel to the original game that was released in 2007. Super Mario is one of the most popular games for the Wii console.
It is available on the original Wii and the Wii U as well. You can see consistent results with both devices. Overall it is a fun experience with friends and family. The story revolves around Mario with the usual suspects. It takes place in space and offers a new element to the Mario universe. Buy this game here.
- Throwback Galaxy
- Coins have more value.
- Harder Difficulty
- More Power-Ups
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda was released in late 2011. It allowed some of the best visuals on the system as it featured an imaginative art style. It also showed the masterful use of Wii MotionPlus to prove that the motion control was no gimmick. It is the 16th game in the Legend of Zelda series.
The game is top-rated among the Nintendo Wii users. You can experience the game on Wii U devices as well. It is the perfect console game for the fans of the series. Buy this game here.
- The addition of Dash Mechanic just made it merely dashing.
- Adding Crimson Loftwing made this game favorite among its users.
- Remarkable and Amazing Graphics.
3. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
There was a time when the Wii didn’t see a proper Star Fox game. This game was introduced, and thanks to its fantastic gameplay, and it successfully filled the void. It is a classic rail shooter game available on all Wii platforms. It is by far one of the best games available in the market.
If you have an old Wii lying around and haven’t tried this classic, then we highly recommend buying it. It is a sequel to the classic Nintendo 64 game. The enhanced graphics on the newer Wii console makes it all the more breathtaking. Buy this game here.
- increased mobility that comes with the new controlled scheme makes things inherently easier.
- The game has fast-paced, exhilarating actions that never stop.
- Smooth controls.
If you seriously wish to knock out Iron Mike in the late 80s, you only had a single choice left with you: Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! It is a popular series that was available on the Nintendo Entertainment System. The original device was prevalent back in the day.
A similar game is now available for the Wii as well. The animation and graphics are tremendous. Users can expect some great results with this purchase. If you like fighting games, then the Punch-Out game is for you. This game for Wii brings back the dodge and punchy rhythm that made the original such a classic. Buy this game here.
- This game defined the world video boxing association’s rules.
- Despite the game being available for just three years, it was still a top seller for NES.
- Doc Louis reps for Little Mec but gives Nintendo lip service too.
5. The House of the Dead: Overkill
House of the Dead is a series developed around the ‘on-rails’ shooting game concept. This game automatically controls the camera and movements, making the player concentrate and focus on shooting. It is a spin-off for the famous house of the dead series.
It was available on all consoles at the time. It includes the Wii as a supported format for your use. It is a popular game which comes with huge demand. It would be best if you tried it out today because of the fantastic storyline and intense graphics. Buy this game here.
- It is an original and unique game developed for a grown-up audience
- The detailed statistics at the end of every stage increase the competition.
6. Cave Story
Cave story takes you on a ride where you have no memory of who you are or where you have come from in society. You wake up inside a dark cave and find yourself in a village named Mimiga.
Your mission becomes to save the people of the Mimiga village. It is a 2D platformer, which is a viral game within the Wii community. Gamers love this because of its similarity to classics like Castlevania and Amaya. Buy this game here.
- The players get an opportunity to interact with several objects to complete their levels.
- The weapons collected get upgraded to 3 levels.
7. Kirby’s Epic Yarn
This fantastic game gave the Nintendo franchise a whole new makeover, which was instant popularity among the gamers. The protagonist of the game – Kirby, is creatively designed with several features and excellent graphics. Buy this game here.
Kirby can interact with all the environmental elements in the game and pull out threads that lead him to discover hidden regions. There is an element of suspense as lots of secrets are unveiled as the game progresses.
- This game is exclusively built for younger audiences. It has suitable difficulty levels.
8. Wii Sport
This is a Japanese electronic game created by Eguchi Katsuya. It comprises five games and has a special motion-sensitive controller. This controller translates the player’s real actions into the character’s actions or the avatar in the game. Wii Sports consist of games like golf, boxing, bowling, tennis, and baseball. It offers a simple and easygoing setting for the games and encourages group play that adds a social element. It is ideal for people who have never played video games, and it gives such people a dedicated and experienced medium. Buy these 5 sets of games here.
- Easy settings
- Five variety of games
- Motion-sensitive remote to mimic human actions
- Adds a social element by allowing group play
9. Wii Sports Resort
Wii Sports Resort is a compilation of sports games for Wii video game consoles. It is also a sequel to Wii Sports and comprises sports like Frisbee, Wakeboarding, Swordplay, Archery, Golf, Basketball, Power Cruising, Table Tennis, Bowling, Canoeing, Air Sports, and Cycling. Each Wii-remote controller requires a MotionPlus attachment that lets you play with superb accuracy. This game is set up on a beach of Wuhu Island to play any of the sports mentioned above. Buy this set of games here.
- It has a new variation in the Table Tennis game
- It comes with a MotionPlus attachment
- It consists of twelve games in one set
- It has improved controls and graphics
10. Super Smash Bros Brawl
This game is a crossover fighting video game where; it is also the first game in this series with playable third-party characters. This series is a diversion from the traditional fighting games, especially in the move commands. Its single-player mode is more extensive and has a plot with side-scrolling beat-up and computer-generated cut scenes. This game allows multiplayer battles with a maximum of four combatants.
It is unique as it can be played with four different controllers simultaneously – Wii Remote, Wii Remote with Nunchuk, GameCube controller, and Classic Controller. It offers the best entertainment value but sometimes gives content loading delays. Since it is a fighting game, it is advised for the parents to see if they are mature enough to handle it. Buy this game here.
- There are more playable characters
- It allows multiplayer battles
- It has an extensive single-player mode
- It offers great value in terms of entertainment and fun.
11. Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles is a role-playing game with an action theme. It consists of a lot of fantasy combat against the machines and monsters, where the heroes attack with magic and swords and the enemies vanish away on being defeated. A few dramatic scenes show blood, characters smoking or drinking, etc., so parents must know about it. The players can change the clothes of the characters by stripping them down to their underwear. There is a special menu item – Future Connected, an additional feature after the game concludes. The game consists of many things to do, and you can go on for hours at a stretch playing it. Buy this game here.
- The players take control of a group of heroes who travel across the world
- It offers an amazing experience with improved character models and environment textures.
- The player can access the games from the main menu without finishing the original game.
- It is the best JRPG of the 360/PS3/Wii generation.
12. Wii Party
Wii Party is a creative and varied game that offers fun and enjoyment to the whole family. It consists of various modes that let you all play together, your party’s size, and how long you want to play. This package consists of more than 80 games – Mario Party-style game, globe-trotting board game, bingo game, wheel-of-fortune-type game, a Mii matching game, and many more.
It offers a four-players game along with paid modes in games like boat balancing. It also has simple matching games that tell how compatible you are with your friend by answering a series of questions. This is an ideal package if you have friends or family together in a room as it offers several mini-games to play together. Buy this set of games here.
- It is the best package to play with family and friends
- It offers a wide variety of games and a unique experience.
- There are games for everyone at the party.
- It offers safe and inoffensive party fun to all.
13. Mad World
Mad World is a great game and is not ideal for kids to play, as it is the “beat-them-up with hack and slash” video games. It comprises ultra-violent combos and over-the-top violence and is not recommended for kids under the age of 17. Here, the player can assume a contestant’s role as a reality show who gets points for being extremely brutal in slaying the opponents.
The player can simulate the motions of split opening someone with a chainsaw, punching the opponents harshly, etc. the commentary is done on heavy audio, and the humor is dark in the fountains of blood. One can even play multiplayer “party” games with ultra-violent action in killing opponents. Its graphics are highly stylized in black and white, have irreverent comedy and visceral action. Buy this game here.
- It is very violent and dark in humor and actions
- Ideal for people with the liking of swearing, crude humor, blood, and brutal killings
- It is a great piece of moving art.
- Its artwork is ultra-sized
14. Donkey Kong Country Returns
This game is a fantastic, side-scrolling platform game. It is one of the first games to use the contemporary Pixar-like computer-generated imagery for backgrounds and characters. It brings the whole gaming environment to life in simple pixel art. It has replaced the pre-rendered graphics style with real-time visuals and offers updated and refreshed versions for gamers’ current generation. Every challenge is improved and more interesting as you progress into the game. The earlier version had run and jump, barrel-blasting gameplay, which is now replaced with minecart runs. It is one of the best Nintendo titles for this year. Buy this game here.
- The new version has good old features merged with fresh and new elements of gameplay
- It has skillful courses and inventive and challenging boss battles.
- It is ideal for hardcore gamers as it offers such levels of difficulty.
- The game design is amazingly superb and offers a great experience.
15. Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing: City Folk is a life simulation video game for the Wii console. The player character lives in a rural village and takes part in activities like planting and collecting. The village also has anthropomorphic animals. The game is played in real-time, which affects the game’s events as per the current time of the day or season. Players play online and visit each other’s villages. This game has garnered a lot of praise because it works around simple life things like shopping, gardening, fishing, talking to neighbors, etc. The online functionality is enhanced as compared to the previous version of this game. This game is a perfect blend of GameCube and Nintendo DS games. Buy this game here.
- The days and seasons pass in real-time
- Up to four people can live together in a household and work to build a perfect town.
- You can invite up to three players to visit your town.
- It offers a more inclusive experience by providing a microphone that plays everyone’s conversations in the room.
16. Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy is an action-adventure game, where the game levels consist of galaxies with minor planets and worlds with different gravitational variations. The Wii Remote and Nunchuk control the player to complete missions, fight bosses and reach specific areas to collect Power Stars. This game is considered one of the greatest video games of all time.
The game is highly appreciated for its soundtrack, visuals, gravity, settings, and mechanics. The developers have paid every small attention to detailing and have come out with outstanding art and choreography. The players have to do all kinds of actions like pressing buttons, pointing at and dragging things with a pointer, swinging Wii Remote, and Nunchuck to explore all the galaxy planets. Super Mario Bros is also a good Wii game just like this one. Buy this game here.
- Being in space, Mario performs some awesome and fantastic jumps, like never before
- All the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller are used in this game.
- It is an ideal combination of the old platform with a new, creative design.
- The motion is control is very well-implemented
17. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is an action-adventure video game and offers superb gameplay. It is an evolution of the Prime series and is polished in every aspect. It offers better pacing, visuals, cinematics, bonuses, and control. The game has a natural feeling as you can either set the game to Basic or put it on Advanced to have ultra-sensitive and pinpoint control to get a natural feeling.
The players control the Samus with the Nunchuk controller and aim at the pointer to provide a high level of immersion. Samus has some amazing power-ups in this series, like Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, to help her survive the trials. It is one of the highest-rated games as it is less frustrating and more engaging. The game is awesome as it also has voice acting and a new hyper mode. This is the third part of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Buy this game here.
- It redefines the console shooting controls
- In the Hypermode feature, the health gets drained to give temporary invincibility and powerful attacks.
- The Common Visor feature lets her perform aerial attacks against the targets and transport hefty objects.
- It is an open-ended game that takes place across several planets.
18. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an action-adventure game in HD format. It is set up in the charming village of Ordon, where your hero Link finds himself pushed into an adventure. Here, you can turn yourself into a wolf and use the lupine senses and ability to speak to other animals. The villain of this game is wonderfully nasty.
The HD look gives it upgraded textures, added details, and sharper lines. This game will please perfectionists because it is much larger, darker, and more difficult than the previous versions. Its controls are exclusive and gesture-based and add some good display functionality as well. The hero can run through immense environments, target his enemies, swipe and slash them with a blade, assault them, and use various weapons in the fight. Buy this game here.
- The visual enhancements of this game are impressive
- The HD’s user-interface is cut down from the earlier size.
- The game aesthetics are superb and unique.
- It has precise aiming controls with the help of the Wii remote control.
19. Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Wii is a racing video game with an intuitive Wii Wheel that makes it easy for beginners to compete against the professionals. If you have a broadband hookup to a Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, one player can compete with up to eleven other drivers from across the world.
The Mario Kart Wii game offers 16 classic and 16 new racing courses, where the players can either choose motorbikes or karts. The player can also either use the already available Nintendo characters or create their own Mii caricatures. This Kart can be controlled by four options – Nintendo GameCube controller, Classic Controller, Wii Remote with or without the Wii Wheel, and Nunchuck controller combo. Buy this game here.
- The game has several features of racing, power-ups, and objects to slow down other drivers
- It has added a new channel Mario Kart Wii Channel, to enhance the gameplay.
- It comes with three Grand Prix speed classes – 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc.
- It has a solid frame rate and a charming interface.
Estimating the future scope of Wii Games:
In the latest six weeks long study held in SASCO Senior Citizens home. Results have shown that playing Wii games has had a positive impact on the overall well-being of the elderly, unlike the effects created by other video games available today. Wii games help in reducing obesity problems by making video gaming an engaging as well as physical exercise. The hand-held controllers also help in muscle activity. These benefits show that Wii has a comprehensive scope in the future.
It can be challenging to find the best games in 2021. In this guide, we take a look at some of the unique options available. We hope you can have a great time gaming with your friends and enjoy these exciting titles.
You may also like: