With Bridgerton enthralling plotline, the Bridgerton season 1 with only 8 episodes is surely not enough for Bridgerton fans. Well, the good news is that the director of the show Bridgerton Julie Anne Robinson has confirmed that they will start the shooting in the spring season. So let’s go through our post to know all information about the Bridgerton Season 2.
While the fans are pleased with this announcement, their contemplation level for season 2 is getting higher. Therefore, to feed your curiosity, we have brought you everything we know about the show’s second season.
More Netflix Upcoming Shows Guide:
Bridgerton Season 2: Release Date, Cast & Story
Bridgerton Season 1 – Recap (Spoilers Alert)
The first season of the show was mainly focused on the love story of Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) and Simon Bassett (Regé Jean Page). The eight episodes were entirely based on the first novel, The Duke and I, written by Julia Quinn. However, there was some overlapping storyline from the other books as well to match the pace of the show.
Furthermore, the viewers got a clear insight into the lives of the other seven siblings of Daphne. Moreover, season 2 concluded on a happy note because the Duke of Hastings (Simon) and his wife welcomed a baby into their life.
In addition to this, there was a slight indication of the second season to be focused on Anthony as we saw a bee appearing on the windowsill. The scene hinted that the second season would be based on the second book of the series known as The Viscount Who Loved Me.
Bridgerton Season 2: Expectations
Season 1 of Bridgerton left the viewers with higher expectations as it displayed the characters very beautifully. Generally, the audience is critical and even rude to the shows which adapt the storyline from the bestselling novels as the shows often fail to match up to their imagination. Moreover, the cast selection for the characters didn’t seem appropriate in the beginning.
However, as the show evolved, the cast grew on the audience, and now every character has its separate fanbase. Most people are aware of the plotline for season 2, as it is pretty clear that the second book’s story will come into play. Therefore, the fans are getting impatient to determine whether this season will cater to their imagination just like the last season did.
Bridgerton Season 2: Cast
Regé Jean Page once said that he thinks there are many stories to be told in this world, which means that there are going to be plenty of stories in the show. Therefore, with more stories, we can expect a large cast. While the same cast will reprise the old characters, there is a high chance of new introductions. Let’s have a brief look at the list below to have an idea of who is going to make an appearance in the second season:-
- Jonathan Bailey will reprise the role of Anthony, the eldest son of Bridgerton. He will be the main focus of the second season.
- Phoebe Dynevor, who Plays the role of Daphne Bridgerton, will also be returning, the younger sister of Anthony.
- Regé Jean Page as Simon Bassett, the Duke of Hastings who marries Daphne Bridgerton in the first season.
- Ruth Gemmel will appear as Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton, mother to all the Bridgerton Children.
- Adjoa Andoh recurring as Lady Danbury, who took care of Simon Basset in season 1. Rumor has it that she might find her love in the second season.
- Ruby Barker will be returning as Marina Thompson.
- Harriet Cains will once again be seen as Philippa Featherington, the second daughter of Featheringtons.
- Nicola Coughlan will portray the character of the third daughter to Feathrtingtons as Penelope Featherington.
- Bessie Carter will be seen as Prudence Featherington, the first daughter to Featheringtons.
- As Siena Rosso, Sabrina Bartlett will also make an appearance; she played the lover of Anthony in the first season.
- Florence Hunt will be seen as the eighth child of Bridgertons, Hyacinth Bridgerton.
- Polly Walker will again portray the role of Portia as Lady Featherington.
- Luke Thompson will be seen as the second son.
- Will Tilston will be playing the Seventh son of Bridgertons as Gregory Bridgerton.
- Claudia Jessie will be seen as Eloise Bridgerton, the second daughter of the Bridgertons.
- Golda Rosheuvel will be recurring as Queen Charlotte.
- Ben Miller will be portraying the Featherington Patriarch as Baron Featherington.
- Luke Newton will be seen as the third son of the Bridgertons.
- Finally, Julie Andrews will once again give her voice for the character of Lady Whistledown.
These are the main characters for season 2, which will definitely make an appearance. However, there is still no cast introduced for the love interest of Anthony. In the books, the name of the character is Kate Sheffield. It would be interesting to know who will play this character.
Bridgerton Season 2 Official Trailer Netflix:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, the show has resumed for Season 2, as stated by the director Julie Anne Robinson. Furthermore, the filming of the second season will start in the spring season around March 2021. However, the release date of the show is not confirmed.
The only thing confirmed about season 2 is that the filming will start in March or April 2021. Moreover, the shoot will be 6 months long, which means the filming of season 2 will wind-up around September 2021. Therefore, the fans and the media are speculating that the second season will be coming around December 2021. However, the official release date is yet to be confirmed by the makers of the show.
The show’s shooting is yet to commence, so it would be difficult to assume the number of episodes in season 2 for now. Furthermore, the 6 months-shooting period indicates that we can safely expect at least a number of 8 episodes for the second season. Therefore, if the number of episodes exceeds more than 8, the viewers will be happier; after all, the more, the merrier.
No, the Bridgerton is not inspired by a true story. However, it is based on a novel series written by Julia Quinn. She wrote a series of 8 books, in which each book is focused on one character. Moreover, the makers are following the same theme and focusing each season on one character. The first season followed the love story of Daphne Bridgerton, played by Phoebe Dynevor. The second season will focus on Anthony Bridgerton.
On this note, we can conclude that the official date for the show’s release will be announced soon. Hopefully, all your queries regarding the second season of the show are covered in this article. So, hold your horses for the blasting season 2 of Bridgerton.
You may also like: