Undoubtedly, Apple Music is a feature-rich streaming service that grants access to all the cool features and is integrated directly into the Mac and iOS ecosystem. Whether you are looking forward to canceling your free subscription or your current plans either from your iOS device, Mac or need to manage your account, we have got you covered. So let’s dive in to know how to cancel an Apple Music subscription.
In this article, we have mentioned a step by step guide about how you can easily cancel an Apple Music subscription using different methods, including from iTunes, the Apple Music app, settings, and more. All you need to do is tap on a few options, and there you have canceled your subscription. So, without further delay, let us dive straight into the steps.
More iPhone Guides:
- Create Apps Folders in iPhone
- How to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode?
- Best Call Recorder Apps for iPhone
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription?
Canceling Apple Music subscription from iPhone or iPad:
- There are three primary methods that you can follow to cancel an Apple Music subscription.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on your name and the options will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the Subscriptions option on your screen.
- Now, you can click on the subscription you want to manage.
- The final step is to select cancel the subscription. However, if you want to cancel only Apple Music subscriptions while you need the others, you can select the individual services.
Note: If you do not see the cancel subscription button, it means the Apple Music membership is already canceled or won’t be renewed.
Cancel Apple Music from App Store:
You can quickly cancel your Apple Music membership from the Apple Music app itself. Follow the steps given below to cancel your subscription quickly.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Click on the Apple ID Avatar or profile icon at the top right corner.
- Now, you can see the settings section. Select the Subscriptions option.
- Under the active subscriptions, navigate the Apple Music membership and click on it.
- Click on the cancel subscription button.
- The final step is to confirm the cancellation by tapping on the Confirm option.
Note: You can also use this method to change or manage your Apple Music subscription from your iPhone. For example, if you are using a family subscription, you can switch to an individual subscription plan. Once you cancel the subscription, you can still use Apple Music till the end of your billing cycle or free trial.
How to Cancel Apple Music from MAC?
Canceling Apple Music on your Mac is as easy as it was on your iPhone/iPad.
- Launch the Apple Music app on your Mac.
- From the menu bar, click on the Account option.
- The next step is to click on the View My Account in the menu.
- Now, login with your Apple ID and password. Once logged in, scroll down till you see the subscriptions option.
- Navigate your Apple Music subscription and click on the Edit option.
- Click Cancel subscription and confirm the cancel your subscription. Click on the confirm button.
Remember, Apple charges you for 30 days even if you cancel your Apple music in between. Your subscription to Apple Music will end by your current billing cycle. Meanwhile, you can still access all the songs on the streaming service till your next billing cycle.
Cancel Apple Music subscription from your Apple TV
You can only edit subscriptions on Apple TV for tvOS apps that are installed on your TV. If you own Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, you can use an iOS device or computer to manage your Apple Music subscription.
- Launch Settings on your Apple TV.
- Click on Users and Accounts and then tap on your account.
- Tap on the subscriptions option.
- The next step is to select the plan that you want to manage or cancel. Tap on cancel subscription, and that’s all!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Once you cancel your Apple music, the downloaded songs will automatically be deleted from your library. However, the individual purchased songs from iTunes will remain in your library, but once you cancel the Apple Music plan, you will lose all the music.
Yes, Apple Music lets you cancel your Apple Music before the free trial ends. You can do this by either going to the App Store or within Apple Music by following the steps mentioned above.
If you are not willing to take up a paid subscription but still want to listen to music through Apple Music, you can do it either by purchasing the songs from iTunes, uploaded songs from your Mac or computer, or ripped music. However, you cannot enjoy all Apple Music features, including access to the vast music library.
Apple Music is one of the emerging music apps that is packed with multiple features. Whether you are using Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, if you want to cancel Apple Music or manage your account, you can do it with a breeze.
Besides, you can follow the steps mentioned above if you want to manage subscriptions. . For example, you can change the individual plan to Family without any hassle. Furthermore, Apple gives you quick access to even cancel the Apple Music or manage your account from your Mac using iTunes in a few simple steps!
We hope you found our article helpful about how to cancel an Apple Music subscription. If you face any trouble managing your account from your iPhone or Mac, let us know in the comment section below, and we would love to assist you.
You may also like: