Youtube TV is currently available only in the United States. Subscriptions can be quite expensive to manage these days. YouTube premium service opens the door to innumerable benefits that do not apply to unsubscribed users. You will get innumerable advantages of ad-free streaming, background playback, offline availability of videos, and access to YouTube originals, all at an affordable price.
YouTube TV members also enjoy YouTube Music as a part of their subscription pack. In this guide, we will take a look at how you can cancel your subscription. It can be tough to manage multiple plans at once. If you already have a streaming service, then it is ideal to cancel your Youtube TV.
- Want to Try YouTube TV? Check Youtube TV Promo Codes offering Free Trial & Discount.
Steps to Cancel YouTube TV
Users can easily cancel their YouTube TV subscription with ease. We recommend that you follow this guide to avoid any issues. Users who don’t want to continue after the free trial can also utilize these steps. The overall process requires only a few steps. To cancel Premium membership, follow these basic steps:
- The process of YouTube TV cancellation is quite easy. You can visit the website and then log in to your account. You can click on this link. It will take you to the welcome page.
- Once you sign in with your Google account, users will get the option of account settings. It is visible from the account logo.
- Click on your profile photo and tap “Paid Memberships.” Then choose the membership you want to discontinue. Here you will get the option of YouTube TV. Since we are not paid members of the service, we have the option of Sign up.
- Select an appropriate reason for discontinuation and press “Next.” It is a valid method of discontinuing the membership on your device.
- Users can click on “Yes, Cancel.” It is done. You are no longer a member of the premium services of YouTube.
If you are a little unsure about canceling the premium account right away, there is also an option to pause. Here is how you can pause your YoutTube TV premium membership. It will be temporary to stop all your payments and make it simple for users to start the discontinuation process.
- Click on your profile picture and tap “Paid Memberships.”
- Choose the service you want to pause.
- Tap on the “Deactivate” option visible and then click on “Pause instead” in the following list of choices.
- Choose the period you want to halt the membership—it is for up to 6 months.
You could cancel or resume your subscription at any point during the pause period. When this period is over, your fresh billing cycle will start automatically.
Salient features of YouTube TV:
The YouTube TV service offers you some amazing benefits. If you are having second thoughts about the cancellation, then take a look here.
The ad-free content is always a luxury. Many of us use video blocker applications to block ads, but that doesn’t work often and even makes our device vulnerable to viruses. We can enjoy YouTube without any interruption of ads on our mobile, desktop, and enabled TV screen with a premium account.
2. On-demand content
Having content on demand is a must of any premium service. The unlimited downloads are yet another rewarding feature. Once we have downloaded our favorite videos, we can watch them offline anytime, even when no internet is available in a great streaming resolution of 1080p.
If you have purchased YouTube premium, you could even play background videos and songs with multitasking. For example – you can chat with your friend on WhatsApp and play YouTube content simultaneously. Also, YouTube music premium membership allows us to listen to songs keeping our mobile screen saver on the device. It allows us to explore and enjoy offline, ad-free music on mobile and desktop devices.
4. Amazing TV channels
The TV library on the platform is quite amazing. Users will get Premium channels at an affordable price. Youtube is trying to take over internet TV streaming services. They are highly successful because of the amazing live partnerships. You can get content from all over the USA in a single package. There are over 92 channels available on the platform.
5. Free trial and Benefits
The premium service comes with a 14-Day long free trial. Users can also get a free Chromecast device through this platform. It is extremely affordable and requires no time at all. You can enjoy a long term plan with the service as well. The trial consists of easy to use services and all the LIVE TV streaming options. It is a good way to test the service.
Also, YouTube premium offers several engaging original content of several genres like comedy, action, or drama from several YouTubers worldwide. What are you waiting for now?
Sometimes having all the premium benefits is not enough. Users have varied needs depending on their taste, and they might want to cancel their Youtube premium now. You could follow some simple steps to cancel or pause your existing YouTube premium or music membership on different devices, including PC, Android, and iOS.
Note that if you cancel the subscription while on a free trial, then no money will be auto-deducted from your account after the free trial ends. However, you can continue enjoying premium benefits until the free trial is on. Also, keep in mind that if you are a subscriber of YouTube premium, then auto-deduction will apply at the end of each billing cycle until you deactivate the membership.
We are also adding a few troubleshooting steps for users. If you are facing troubles while canceling your premium subscription, check which payment gateway applies to you:
- IOS users: If you have purchased Premium from an iOS device( iPhone, iPod, or Mac), you could discontinue services from your Apple account by clicking on Cancel subscription under the Subscription tab of YouTube.
- Payment through Google Play Music: If you are charged through a Google Play subscription, you could cancel in their Settings tab.
- In case you have already canceled, you can check the status on the Paid Memberships page of YouTube.
If still, you are facing some technical issues with YouTube premium cancellation, you could try one of these steps:
- Reboot or restart your YouTube app or website from the device.
- If there is some issue with the current browser, you could try switching to Incognito mode or a different browser.
- Login again and retry the unsubscribe process.
Validating the Premium cancellation:
Users must check their premium cancellation. You could follow these points to re-validate when you have canceled YouTube premium :
- A notification will appear on your screen right after the cancellation. Also, a mail will be sent from the YouTube service confirming the same.
- You could check the last date of premium service on youtube.com/purchases. If not, then the cancellation has not been yet initiated from your end.
- Check if you have mistakenly renewed the Premium by clicking the “Renew” button. You could check the same on the “Active Memberships” tap of your YouTube account.
- Check if any other user is still signed in with your YouTube Premium account using any other device, mail id, or billing gateway.
Undoubtedly, YouTube TV offers several benefits, but users could have multiple reasons to disconnect their premium account. It might be unengaging shows and networks, device compatibility issues, the cost, or the free account itself is enough to satisfy your needs.
You might want to explore other streaming platforms for better content like Hulu, Prime Video, Hotstar, and Netflix. I hope this article gave you a fair idea of how to cancel or pause your premium membership on Android, iOS, or Desktop devices.
You may also like: