Are you looking to delete your Gmail account quickly and easily? If so, we have featured a step by step guide to help delete your Gmail account without any hassles. So let’s dive on. While deleting your Gmail account, few service provider makes it nearly impossible to do it by putting you in a loop.
But today we have composed a post for you where we will be discussing how you can permanently delete your Gmail account, and we are going to looking at some important factors that you should consider before deleting your Gmail account. So without any further stay, let’s see the steps to delete your Gmail account.
Steps to Delete Your Gmail Account:
To delete a Gmail account isn’t a complicated task as Google has made it effortless for the user. You have to follow the simple steps carefully to delete your Gmail account permanently. Here are a few steps that if you follow your account would be deleted permanently.
- Login into Gmail account and click on the bottom right corner of your screen where you will find your Profile icon.
- After ticking on the Profile picture, a pop-up window will drop where you have to click on your ‘Manage your Google Account’.
- You would be taken into the administrative panel of your Google Account, where you will be getting a bunch of options to manage your account. You now have to click on ‘Privacy and Personalization.’
- Once you click on that, you will be taken to the Data & Personalization page. Now you have to scroll down and go to the ‘Download or delete your data’ tab to click on ‘delete the service’ of Gmail.
- Once you have clicked on ‘delete your service’. You would be taken to a page where you have to select the service that you wish to terminate. In this case, we have to select Gmail.
- Now, you will have to provide an alternate Email address on which you will be receiving a verification mail to delete your Gmail account. After you have entered the mail, you can verify it and your Gmail account would be deleted permanently.
Important Factors to Consider Before Deleting Your Gmail Account:
Well, before you delete anything you might have to consider few super important things that might be very useful if the account you are deleting is your primary account. Here we are listing the five most important factors that you should take care of so that you don’t lose anything.
- When deleting your Gmail account, you will not be able to receive and send any mail to anyone. The mail address that you are using will be removed from the database, and it would be remarked as unavailable. If someone attempts to send you a mail or document on that mail sender will fail and get a delivery failure message.
To avoid this from happening you can inform the sender about your alternative Email address so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- If your account is linked with any third-party service provider your account be unblocked and you won’t be able to access that. A third-party service provider means any service that uses your Gmail account to log in.
To avoid this from occurring you can update the third-party profile details and enter your new/ alternative Email address so that you can still access your data.
- If you wish to access any data that is linked to any Google service like Goole Photos, Google Docs, Google sheets, etc., you won’t be able to do it because your core account is deleted it services you won’t work.
So, to still get the data that was linked to your account, you can take back-up of everything necessary to you before deleting your account.
- Your username will not be available to you or anyone to use in the future because Google will permanently block that username to be used because of the security policy of Google.
- After deleting your Google account if you still wish to recover it, you can still do it only within a few weeks of deleting your Gmail account.
Whether you want to get a new email or want to get rid of your older account, this step by step guide will help you achieve your desired goal. You will be able to successfully delete your account after following the steps we have mentioned above.
If this guide helped you to delete your Gmail account, do let us know in the comment box below also if you have any suggestions regarding the same you can also drop them.
You might also like: