Do you want to take a break from Instagram and focus on yourself? But you don’t know how to delete your account from Instagram. Don’t worry, and we have prepared a comprehensive post for you that will guide you through the steps on how you can delete your Instagram account successfully.
Or if you don’t delete your Instagram account, we have also mentioned one more way to take a break from Instagram where you can deactivate your Instagram account temporarily. Give this post a full read to know the steps to delete our Instagram account.
Steps to Delete an Instagram Account:
Deleting an Instagram is pretty simple, and you won’t feel lost if you follow along with us. We have mentioned each step that is necessary to delete an Instagram account permanently. Now let us see what the steps required to delete an Instagram account.
- Visit the official website of Instagram by clicking here.
- Login in to your Instagram account by using your user credential. We will recommend you to log in from your PC because you cannot delete your account from Instagram mobile App.
- Once you have logged into your account in a different click here.
- Once you have opened the above link, you will have a page that will ask you your reason for deleting your Instagram account. You can mention your reason to delete your account.
- After stating your reason for deleting your account you will now have to enter your Instagram password to verify and confirm the termination of your account.
- After entering your password you will now have to click on ‘Permanently delete my account’ to delete your account. Once done your account will be deleted from Instagram.
After following these steps your account would be deleted successfully from Instagram. But there might be some things that you need to take care of before you delete your Instagram account. Now in the next section of the post, we will discuss a few things that you need to consider before deleting your account.
How to Disable your Instagram Account Temporarily?
To disable your Instagram account temporarily, you can follow these simple steps and hide your activity for a time until you feel right to come back.
- Visit the official Instagram website by clicking here.
- Log in to your account by using your user credentials.
- Once you have logged in click on your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen, where an option bar will drop.
- Now click on the ‘Settings’ tab to get into your account setting.
- Once you are into your account settings, scroll down to find ‘Temporary disable my account’. Now click on that to get a verification page.
- Now, once you are on the verification page, enter the reason stating why you want to disable your account and then enter your accounts password to verify your disabling your account.
- Once done scroll down and click on ‘Temporarily disable my account’ to complete your process
Once you have followed these steps, your account will be disabled temporarily until you feel right to come back on Instagram.
Factors to Consider Before Deleting Your Instagram Account:
Before you delete your account from Instagram, consider these factors so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Once you delete your account, you won’t be able to use your account again with the same username until someone isn’t using the same username as yours.
- After deleting you won’t be able to access your photos, stories, and chats. All your data will be deleted. To avoid losing any of your photos or any data, you can store them in your device or take screenshots of your chats.
- If your account is a business account, you would not be able to be to promote your business anymore, and all the features of the business account will be suspended.
If you don’t want anything of these things to happen and but still want everything of your account you can disable your account temporarily so that you have everything of your account and still be hidden. We would now be seeing the steps on how you can disable your account in the next part.
So these were the steps on how you can delete your Instagram account successfully. We hope that you liked it, and you were able to delete your Instagram account after reading this post. Feel free to share your feedback in the comments section below.
You might also like: