Kik messenger is definitely one of the most known messaging applications. If you are a chatterbox and love chatting with your friends, then this is the best app to use. In other words, the app allows you to communicate with your friends easily and has many features designed to make conversations interesting.
The Best Ways to Download Kik for PC
There are about two ways to download Kik on your PC:
- Using an Android Emulator
- No download method.
How Download Kik Messenger Using an Android Emulator:
What is an Android Emulator? Android Emulator is a software that allows you to use any Android apps on your PC. The software manages to run virtual Android OS for Windows and Mac OS as well. In simple words, an Android emulator helps to create a setup that lets you emulate an Android device on your PC.
Best Android Emulators Download For PC:
This is actually one of the most popular Android emulators. It has both windows and mac versions. We will highly suggest you download and use Bluestacks as it is totally free and it has a user-friendly interface.
So, Andyroid has released its latest version very recently that has actually become so popular. To be honest, many Bluestacks users have started using Andyroid because they have such amazing features. The free version of Andyroid has each and everything that you would need to use Kik generally for PC on your Windows or Mac computer.
How to Install Bluestacks For Windows (Step by Step)
After you have successfully downloaded Bluestacks or any other emulators, you will need to install it. Follow these basic steps to install the emulator:
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded and stored the Bluestacks file or the emulator.
- Then, Double-click on the executable file to proceed further.
- Wait for the installation wizard to guide you through the process.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
Once you have installed the Android emulator successfully, the next step is to launch it.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Find the Bluestacks icon on your desktop and click on it or any other emulator that you have downloaded and click on the icon.
- If you are unable to locate the icon, click on the Start button and type Bluestacks or the name of the emulator in the search bar.
- Click on the proper option to launch the software
- You can even click Start>All Programs>Bluestacks
- The selected emulator will open and run on your PC.
How to Download Kik on Windows Using Bluestacks (Step by Step)
After that, you need to download the Kik .APK File. When it is time to install Kik on your computer. Follow these basic steps to do that:
- Find Kik .APK file in the folder where you had saved the file while downloading the APK on your computer.
- Double-click on the APK file and wait a bit.
- Bluestacks or any other emulator will launch and run the KIK messenger automatically.
- Right-click on the .APK and then choose open with.
- A new window will appear on the screen where you can select a program to open the file with.
- Choose the name of your emulator from the options available.
- After that, click OK to install Kik on your PC.
Now you can simply log in to Kik and start chatting with your friends.
No Download Method:
You may even choose the no download option in which you don’t need to download an Android emulator. The advantages of the No download method are:
- You don’t need to worry about disk space in your PC as it does not need installation
- You only need a web browser to use Kik instant messenger
- You can use countless Android apps on your computer without using an emulator.
Why You Should Use Kik for PC?
Kik Messenger is an amazing and popular messaging application. If you love chatting with your friends, then this will be the best app to use. In simple words, this app allows you to communicate with your friends quite easily, and also it has many unique features that are designed to make the conversations interesting.
Features Of Using Kik for PC:
- It has a Unique Chatting Experience: Kik for PC is a very unique app in a way that it comes with a range of some very amazing features that offer a unique chatting experience to its users.
- Video Chat with people: This app even lets you make video calls without downloading any other apps like Skype, WhatsApp, or Facetime. It also comes with video chatting.
- Invite Your Friends: You can invite your friends to use this application to chat with them, you can easily invite them via text messages, social media, or email and request them to chat with you on Kik messenger anytime.
- Notifications: Whenever you send or receive any message in this application, a notification will appear on your screen.
- Multimedia Messages: It is not only for text messages, you can actually send emoji, Gifs, images, and sketches as well.
- Kik Code: All the Kik users have their very own unique Kik code which can easily be found on the settings tab. To scan the code, tap on the search icon, and then click on the option Find people. Then select the Scan a Kik Code option to proceed further.
- Bot Shop: So, if you don’t have anybody to talk to on Kik, you can just chat with Kik’s both. To be honest, this is a great feature you will find on Kik for PC. This feature lets you chat and play games and enjoy and access all the latest news in the app and other activities as well.
- Privacy Protection: When you use Kik, you don’t need to worry about your privacy as you can stay anonymous when chatting on your PC, and also the chats are safe with you only. You can even change your username and set up new accounts as well. It also has a feature that allows you to block unwanted contacts.
- Group Chats: In Kik Messenger, you will also be able to create a group on the app and name it as per your choice. Then add members to the group and start chatting all together. You can also search for groups where you would be interested to join and request them to add you to the group.
- User-Friendly Interface: This app has a user-friendly interface that lets you use the app without the need of any kind of tutorial. You don’t even need to ask anybody how to use the app. All you need to do is, download and install it and start chatting with your friends.
- You can Retrieve Older Messages: You can easily retrieve older messages using its history feature in this app. This will enable you to retrieve important chat messages that you don’t want to lose.
- Customization Features: Well, you should know that this is the first app that introduced customization features that lets users customize the look and feel of the app as per their preferences. You can change the chat page using chat themes that are provided in the app. You can even set notification ringtones for some specific contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kik is available on all mobile platforms such as Android, iOS and Windows. If you want to run Kik on PC then you have to use a good Android emulator on your PC.
Download an Android Emulator such as BlueStacks, complete its setup on Windows 10, then go to apps option there and search for Kik messenger, from there you can download it and start using it right away.
Go to the file manager on your computer>search for Kik.apk>click on the application>open it and run it through Android Emulator.
Yes, there is a web version of Kik which you can use directly through your browser for PC and Mac.
Related To Messenger:
Both Bluestacks and Andyroid has amazing functions. You can use any of these emulators to download and use Kik Messenger as well as some other apps also which you may like on your PC without any trouble. You can even opt for the No Download Method if you don’t feel like using an emulator. Thus, it’s fair enough to say that both the tools are of good use to help assist you to use KIK Messenger for Windows.