The third season of Stranger Things left its audience heartbroken as their most liked character Chief Jim Hopper dies at the end of the season. Despite his death, so many theories and rumors were being circulated that he might be alive after all. So far, we are eagerly waiting for Stranger Things Seasons 4, maybe this season reveal all theories and rumors.
These speculations came to an end when the season 4 trailer was launched, and the audience saw Jim Hopper on the screens. Furthermore, fans were jumping in joy to see that Hopper will be in the fourth season.
But the plot twist is that how is he going to contact his dear ones? Here is everything you need to know about Stranger Things season 4.
More Netflix Series Guide:
Stranger Things Season 4 – Coming Soon
Everyone is very well aware of this sci-fi series, which has a horror appeal to it. The craze for the show has always been the talk of the town. Without beating around the bush, let’s see what we know about the third season and how everything will connect to season 4.
The third season had a vibe of ‘evil never ends; it evolves’ as the dangers keep on increasing. Without giving in too many details of the plotline, it would suffice to say that the third season really turned into a bloodbath. As Hopper and Billy sacrificed themselves to defeat Mind Flayer. Not only this but during the fight, a lot of innocent lives were also lost. Because of Hopper’s demise, Joyce took custody of El and decided to leave Hawkins with the family.
The above events led to a heart-wrenching goodbye among friends. The scene became even more heart-rending as El had confessed her feelings to Mike. Moreover, the mid-credit scene took the fans to a top-secret prison in Kamchatka, Russia. In that scene, the guard opens a cage to release Demogorgon, which states a new horror.
Stranger Things Season 4: Expectations & Prediction
With three back to back bang-on seasons, expectations for the next season is on the rise. The show is set in a fictional town called Hawkins in the early 1980s. It is a perfect blend of several genres, such as horror, thriller, and adventure.
Viewers are thrilled for season four as they might get all the answers they are looking for. Rumor has it that the story behind the hellfire club will finally be revealed. So thankfully, we are able to find some potential plot twists, which we have listed below:-
1. Hopper Is Alive
The characters in Stranger Things season 3 believe Hopper died while trying to close the door to the Upside Down. However, in reality, Hopper is imprisoned far from home in Russia. It would be interesting to see how he will convey the message that he is alive to his beloved one.
2. Steve and Nancy might reconcile their bond
With all the development in the show, Steve has become a better person, probably more suitable for Nancy. So the shippers of this couple may finally get to see something brewing between the two. The source of this speculation is because of the moving away of Jonathan with Joyce and Will. Leaving behind Nancy in the town, the same as Steve.
3. The fourth season may link its plotline with the Chernobyl disaster
The show is set in the fictional town ‘Hawkins.’ It is set in the time period around the 1980s. We saw the timeline progressing up to October 1985 by the third season. So the new theory is surfacing that there could be a time-lapse of 6 months. Therefore, setting the plotline for the fourth season in April 1986 when the Chernobyl disaster happened.
Stranger Things Season 4: Cast & Crew
There has been an addition of eight new cast members to the Stranger Things team. So before discussing the existing cast members, let’s have a look at the new members.
- Jamie Campbell Bower takes the role of Peter Ballard, a caring man who works as an orderly at a hospital.
- Joseph Quinn will be Eddie Munson, a polarizing leader of Hawkins High’s Hellfire Club.
- We will see Argyle, played by Eduardo Franco. A fun-loving stoner who will become Jonathan’s Best friend. Initially, he will be seen as a pizza delivery boy.
- Robert Englund will be Victor Creel. He will be portraying a disturbed and intimidating man. It might be a plot similar to ‘ A nightmare on elm street’ as he murdered someone in the ’50s. and was imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital ever since.
- Tom Wlashicha will play Dmitri, a friendly guard in Russian prison who will be seen as a good friend to Hopper.
- Mason Dye got cast as Jason Carver, a stunning and wealthy sports star who will be surprised to unravel the evil mysteries of the world.
- We will also see Yuri, a shady smuggler who loves bad jokes and likes crunchy style peanut butter, played by Nikola Djuricko.
- Finally, in the list, there is Lt. Colonel Sullivan, a no-nonsense officer determined to put an end to all kinds of evil in Hawkins. He will be played by Sherman Augustus.
Besides these eight newly introduced characters, we will see our main characters as usual. To make it more clear we have compiled a list below:-
- Winona Ryder reprise as Joyce Byers
- David Harbour, as good news to everyone, will reappear as Chief Jim Hopper
- Finn Wolfhard is Mike Wheeler
- Millie Bobby Brown will play her signature role, Eleven
- We see Noah Schnapp returning as Will Byers
- Natalia Dyer will be Nancy Wheeler
- Charlie Heaton, once again, charming us with Jonathan Byers
- Joe Keery reappears as Steve Harrington
- Gaten Matarazzo is going to be Dustin Henderson
- Caleb McLaughlin will be Lucas Sinclair
- Sadie Sink returning as Max Mayfield
- Maya Hawke returning to play Robin Buckley
- Cara Buono will remain Karen Wheeler
- Brett Gelman is going to be Murray Bauma
- Priah Ferguson will replay Erica
Frequently Asked Questions:
Out of everything, we know that season 4 is going to be the spectacular one. As season 3 left us with so many suspenseful theories, the only way to figure them out is by watching season 4.
However, the official date is yet to come, but the anticipated release date would be somewhere in April 2020. Furthermore, there has been some new introduction in the cast, as mentioned above. The fans are excited to see what the new cast members will bring to the table.
The cast and crew began the shooting for season 4 in February 2020. However, due to the ongoing world crisis, it got delayed and the production was shut down in March 2020. The fans felt highly disappointed as season 3 left them with very big suspense.
So the good news is that the shooting was resumed in October 2020. The expected release date could be around April 2020. So brace yourself for one hell of a rollercoaster ride.
Yes, Netflix officially confirmed on 30th September, the series will come back for the fourth season. However, the official date is yet to be confirmed by the Duffer Brothers. It is highly anticipated that the fourth season will end somewhere around April 2021.
Netflix has not released any official statement on whether season 4 is going to be the last one. However, we were able to find that the media has questioned the Duffer Brothers regarding the same, to which Ross Duffer answered that it would not be the last season of the series.
We hope that this article has put an end to your curiosity regarding Stranger Things season 4. We have tried to provide all the important information which we were able to find while researching. Hopefully, now you can chill and wait for the next season to hit the grounds soon.
You may also like:
- Best TV Series to Watch 
- Lucifer Season 5 Part 2 – Updates
- List of Marvel Movies in Order
- Best Thrilling Movies You Should Watch
- Harry Potter Movies in Order