Are you looking for a way to make a WhatsApp Web Video Call? Well, WhatsApp doesn’t need any introduction. The popular messaging app isn’t just popular for message and voice calling. Now you can even do web conference calling too. Recently, WhatsApp has tested out another new feature for a desktop version that allows you to do video calls on the desktop.
However, if you still want to do a web video call, you can use their messenger room, supporting up to eight or more participants in the group call. Here, in this article, we will suggest different ways to make a video call on the WhatsApp web.
More WhatsApp Guides:
Steps to Make Video Call on WhatsApp Web:
Here we listed 2 Possible Ways to Make Audio & Video calls from WhatsApp Web. Though Method 1 is still in bete stage and WhatsApp is working on it. If you Want to 100% Working Way then you can consider using Method 2.
1. Whatsapp officially launching Web Audio & Video Calls:
WhatsApp is working to roll out new features that allow you to make a call on its web version. But for now, you can use this simple trick to make the video call.
- Sign up for your WhatsApp web account first.
- After that, click on the three-dotted icon given on the top left corner and then select the option “create a room.”
- Here, you will receive a message; open this message in a new tab which shows “Continue in Messenger.” You need to click on it.
- Then fill in your Facebook account details to log in.
- Once you log in, click on the “create room as XYZ,” and you can start your web call
- You can share the call link with other participants or ask them to join the video call.
But the best thing about this trick is that only the host has the authority to enter the login details, and the rest of the participants can only participate via the link.
2. Video Call Via WhatsApp Web using Bluestacks Emulator
Previously, we could only use WhatsApp web to send and read text from the desktop by connecting it directly from our smartphones. Almost everything is the same except that you can’t make the video call from the Desktop version.
But now it is possible to make a WhatsApp video call from your desktop too. The problem here is you can’t use the WhatsApp web interface. Another problem that you face is the desktop version doesn’t support the webcams too.
Because here the trick to having the video call on WhatsApp Web. All you need to follow the steps and little fool the desktop and think you are using your phone. Let’s move to the steps to make a video call on the WhatsApp web.
- First, you need to download the BlueStacks on your desktop. This is a free Android emulator for the Macbook and Windows.
- Once you have downloaded the BlueStacks, then install the WhatsApp mobile version app via this tool.
- When the app is installed completely, then open the app from your desktop or the computer by following the direction on-screen.
- Then select the given option, “Agree and Continue.” After that, you need to enter your phone number and other details.
- Once the whole procedure is done, you will see the contact list. Select the contacts with whom you wish to make the video conference call. This step is similar to that you follow to make a video call with the WhatsApp app from your smartphone.
- Next, select the video call icon present at the top right corner of the conversation to start your video call from your desktop system.
- Once you have done this, select the “call” to confirm it.
- Next, you need to choose to continue to permit WhatsApp for accessing the camera and mic. Also, make sure to allow other prompts about the pictures accessing and recording audio.
- The video call starts immediately once you finish all the procedures.
The video call will look similar as you do on your smartphone. Moreover, you can add up to 50 participants at one time in the video conference call. Rest things are similar; the host can log in and add the participants and remove the participants.
A Pro Tip: How to Backup the Entire WhatsApp Chat on Your Computer
Many users recently raise the issue of losing their WhatsApp chat data due to various reasons. But if you don’t want to face the same circumstances and store your valuable chat, then here’s a pro tip for you.
You can use the MobileTrans-WhatsApp Transfer data; this will help to take the backup of your entire chat to your computer. With a single click, you will be able to create an extensive backup of your data on your computer system such as WhatsApp contacts, conversation, media like video, pictures, documents, and so on. Later, if needed you can restore your data from the same to any of your devices.
You can also use applications such as WeChat, Viber, Kik, and Line. These applications are easy to use and allow you to have an instant backup of your chat on your computer.
What if You Need to Switch to the Voice Call While Video Call?
If you need to switch to the voice call while having the video call, tap the Video-Off option; this will notify the other person on the video call to switch off the video call. Once the person switches the video-off, the video call will automatically turn to the voice call.
Now, you have the stepwise solution to make a video call on WhatsApp web from your smartphone and computer; you can quickly conduct meetings and video conferences with your friends too.
As we see that making the video call on WhatsApp web or the desktop version isn’t that easy, but with these simple hacks, you can smoothly make the video calls with no hassles at all. So, you must go ahead and try these hacks to make the conference video call right now.
You may also like: